The second annual Solomon Dive Festival 2017 invites all divers to join in the celebration from 2 to 7 October 2017. Held at the western province of the island, this year marks the 75th anniversary of the battle for Guadalcanal – the day the nation of Hapi isles gained their freedom.
Visit the unspoilt reefs of the Solomon Islands for a week of dive excursions, cultural activities, photographic competitions, and workshops. After two nights spent in Gizo, participants will hop on the SIDE MV Taka liveaboard for a night of sailing to the island of Munda, where they can expect two more nights of festivities.
Swim through caves and explore wrecks of planes and boats in Munda. The water flow and currents create the perfect conditions required for barracuda and jackfish feeding frenzies. Barry’s Breakfast is just one such dive where you can hang in mid-water surrounded by swarming pelagics while titan triggerfish patrol the reefs below.
Offering a huge variety of spectacular dive sites, divers visiting Gizo are in for a treat with Grand Central Station boasting the highest fish count in the world with more than 275 species recorded in its teeming waters. Wreck enthusiasts can expect to witness a 440-foot Japanese freighter, the Toa Maru and an almost fully-intact US Hellcat fighter aircraft lying in very shallow waters, just a short boat ride from Gizo Town.
From USD$1,355 per person, the package includes:
Return flights flying Solomon Airlines ex-Brisbane to Gizo and Munda via Honiara, including all transfers.
- Two-night twin accommodation at Rekona Lodge or Gizo Hotel, breakfast and dinner
- Attendance at the festival’s opening ceremony, dinner at PT109 restaurant with kastom sing sing and dance
- Three-tank dive day with Dive Gizo with tanks, weights, and dive guide
- BBQ lunch
- DAN seminar
SIDE Liveaboard Dive Boat - MV TAKA
- One-night twin standard cabin (shared bathrooms) on board with all meals sailing from Gizo to Munda
- Up to four dives with tanks, weights, dive guide and kastom fees
- Photography workshop
- Upgrade to a twin deluxe cabin with private en suite at an extra USD$50 per person
- Two-night twin accommodation at Agnes Gateway Lodge
- Two-tank dive day with SIDE Dive Munda with tanks, weights and dive guide
- Kastom lunch at Hopei Island and WWII Museum visit
- Marine biology focused seminar
- BBQ dinner with kastom dance performance
- One-tank dive day with tank, weights, dive guide plus Skull Island visit
- Cocktails and winner of Photo Competition announcement
- Closing ceremony and dinner
- One extra night twin accommodation at Agnes Gateway Lodge, Munda (no meals included)
For more information about the Solomon Dive Festival 2017, visit http://www.solomonsdiving.com/solomons-dive-fest-2017/ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org