If you are planning your next honeymoon, family vacation, or birthday trip, consider an exclusive rental of Pangatalan Island – a tropical paradise northeast of Palawan, Philippines.
Enjoy complete privacy on this 4.2-hectare island; a restored beauty thanks to the efforts of Sulubaai Foundation to replant the native flowers, trees, and plants that were destroyed by deforestation. The island is surrounded by a 41-hectare Marine Protected Area where guests can snorkel and dive. The area includes a fringing reef and one isolated patch reef. With a total of 12 diverse ecosystems, there is much to explore in the waters of Pangatalan Island.
Apart from the water, visitors can enjoy therapeutic massages, delicious local food, and impeccable service. Boat trips are also available to the surrounding islands with additional costs.
Guests can enjoy all the luxury knowing that the island is managed sustainably – it is powered completely by solar energy and creates employment opportunities for the locals. Guests will be treated to organic food from the two-hectare farm that feeds all staff and visitors on the island.
- 1500 USD/night for one couple, 500 USD/night for each additional person.
- Exclusive rental of the island, no group mixing is allowed.
- A three-room villa for maximum six people (adults and children).
- Each room has a bathroom and terrace.
- A minimum of three nights’ stay is requested.
- Rent is available at any time of the year upon request. Recommended period is March to May.
- Price includes transportation from and to El Nido.
- Boat trips and scuba diving are available with additional costs, please request during booking.
If you aren’t the sort to spend on luxury vacations, volunteering opportunities are available on the island. Tailored to your personal interests, volunteering on Pangatalan Island will be a valuable experience for anyone interested in sustainable tourism and conservation.
- A maximum of 2 volunteers at a time.
- Volunteering is available all year long, except when guests are on the island.
- A personal project is crafted for every volunteer to give them the most fulfilling and valuable experience. It will be discussed before booking.
- If volunteers would like to dive, they must at least be a qualified rescue diver, and ideally be a certified dive master.
- Volunteer period is usually one to two weeks long, but volunteers are welcome to stay longer depending on the project.
- Volunteers will stay in the staff house and eat with the staff.
- Expenditure: Volunteers are required to cover their own travel costs and contribute 1000 PHP (about 20 USD)/day each. This amount includes food, accommodation, and transportation from and to El Nido).
For more details, head over to www.sulubaai-foundation.com or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org